Two Rivers Family,
As of this writing, there are no known cases of Coronavirus reported by anyone attending or affiliated with Two Rivers Church. However, global experience is showing that social distancing is one of the best protections against the virus, which has the potential to spread rapidly in communities. Therefore:
- THE REGULAR SUNDAY EXPERIENCE AT ALL LOCATIONS IS SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
- THE THURSDAY NIGHT EXPERIENCE IN BINGHAMTON IS SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
How we are moving forward:
WE ARE GOING UNDERGROUND.
We will not be gathering together in our usual fashion on Sundays. Instead, we are encouraging everyone to begin to function as an Underground Church (Click here to learn more about hosting an underground church location). Here is how you can get involved.
- Invite a few friends to your home on Sunday morning. Keep the invites small & follow steps to prevent the spread of Coronavirus as outlined by the CDC here.
- Log into the online Sunday Experience at 11:00am via Youtube.com or at 5:oopm via Facebook.com. Our live experiences include a chat feature so you can connect with others, share prayer requests, and experience community online. Simply use your computer or phone to join our service. We will begin each broadcast 15 minutes early to allow you to log on and test your ability to view and comment in the comments section.
- Participate in worship by singing, giving, and sharing your discussion with everyone in the comments section.
- After the online experience eat a meal together. Discuss any needs you may be experiencing and see what can be done to help each other.
- Pray for each other and our world prior to dismissing each other to go home.
WE ARE CARING FOR EACH OTHER.
We are creating a Two Rivers Care Group on Facebook.com to identify needs within the body of believers. Right now, we collectively have access to resources, information, and time that can make all the difference in the world as we help each other out.
- If you have lost your job temporarily reach out to your Community Pastor and they can help direct you toward projects that you can help accomplish with your available time at every location.
- We are working to create safety nets through the underground church experiences. Consider hosting an underground experience. You may find the community you create now becomes the community you need later.
WE ARE CARING FOR OUR WORLD.
We are actively looking for ways to organize and serve our community.
- Currently we have partnered with the Johnson City Community Action Team to provide a safe space for kids who need supervision during the school hours.
- Early next week (March 23) we would like to begin offering a program called Two Rivers Kid Care. Right now we are developing a team of people who will volunteer to provide child care coverage specifically for kids of health care workers. As this crisis begins to overwhelm the hospital systems childcare will become urgent for health care workers. The Two Rivers Kid Care program will run from 7:30a-3:30p. We need 8 volunteers each day to cover 2 – 4 hour shifts (7:30a-11:30a & 11:30a-3:30p). Four in the morning and four in the afternoon. The program will run Monday through Friday and workers will be able to fill in the schedule based on flexible availability. It is essential that Kid Care workers pass the kids background check. If you are interested in serving in this way please let us know here.