April 24th – April 30th
We are challenging our church to take a one-week missions trip to Binghamton, to remind us that every day is a missions trip to Binghamton. Let’s “Break Out” of our routines and “Break Out” into this city. The goal is to unleash radical generosity on our city by touching hundreds of people through random acts of kindness.
LOVE WEEK – (meeting times & locations TBA)
Project 1: Pizza Give Away Wednesday
- Buy pizza for Students at BU and give away on the commons.
Project 2: Medical Thursday
- Distribute snack baskets in the surgical waiting rooms for loved ones waiting on patients in surgery.
Project 3: First Responder Friday
- Pre-order and pay for food for the first responder stations
- Deliver the items to the local responder stations and thank the responders for their service
Project 4: Laundromat Saturday
- Hand out quarters at Laundromats. Some volunteers can buy detergent to hand out as well.
WHAT PERCENT OF BINGHAMTON SHOULD EXPERIENCE THE LOVE OF JESUS?
LOVE WEEK ON YOUR OWN
Monday – Street Cleanup (clean up your own street)
Tuesday – Invite neighbors over for dinner
Wednesday – Bring extra snacks when you make your lunch to give away to others.
Thursday – Host a sports game watching party.
Friday – Keep small candy, gum, or little snacks around to offer to others during a long day.
Saturday – Prayer Walk. Walk around your neighborhood using what you see as fuel for prayer. Pray for people, homes, businesses, community groups and community needs. Ask God to open your eyes to where He is at work and to fill your heart with love for your neighborhood.