HOW TO USE ZOOM
ZOOM is a group video call app that allows easy group video calling for free. You can download the ZOOM application free from your smartphone app store or on a computer by searching “ZOOM” video call download.
SETTING UP ZOOM AS A LEADER/HOST
Download the free ZOOM app
- Once the app is open, create an account (you can use a facebook or google account if you’d like)
- At the top of the screen, there are 4 icons. New meeting, join, schedule, and share screen. Click “Schedule”.
- Name your meeting in the first box
- Next, set the start time and length of meeting to 45 minutes
- You DO NOT need to click “Use personal meeting ID”
- TURN OFF “Required Meeting Password”
- Select “Host Video On”
- Select “Participant Video On”
- Click Done in the top right corner
- To find the MEETING ID to send to people, click the ‘meetings’ icon at the bottom of the screen
- Your Meeting ID will be displayed next to your scheduled event – Send this Meeting ID to anyone you would like to invite. When the time comes, all they will have to do is enter the Meeting ID to Join.
- Make sure you give people the MEETING ID and NOT your PERSONAL MEETING ID. They are two different things.
- We recommend starting your call 5 minutes before the scheduled start time